Friday, July 01, 2011

NGC6914 with UHC-S filter

After using adapters to move the coma corrector to 55mm from the CCD I tried NGC6914 again, this time with Baader UHC-S filter. The coma is substantially reducted, with finetuning I can even achieve a little bit more I think. I also experimented with a Neumann flatfield EL panel for shooting flatfield calibration frames. This also improved the picture a lot. After that I experimented stacking the pictures in Nebulosity. There it showed that there was a lot of moisture on the pictures, so I could only use the first two of 1200s I shot. I made a new badpixelmap in Nebulosity and stacked the first two of the session, this is the result. The UHC-S filter blocks a lot of light compared to the Lumicon Halpha pass. I think I will use the Halpha pass again next time.

No comments: