Monday, June 27, 2011

NGC6914 in the Milky Way

NGC6914, my first try at Halpha imaging. This region contains the most dense group of young stars in the milky way. It contains about 2600 OB type starts in a space of just 200 lightyears. The group is standing at about 5000 lightyears distance, but most light is obscured by dustclouds in the Milky way.
This image was made with my 200mmF5 Newtonian reflector in combination with the Artemis 4021 cooled CCD (at -10 degr. C). It is a combination of 3 1200sec exposures through a Halpha filter.

3 comments:

John said...

Nice picture, Patrick.
But what are those black dots in it?

Patrick Duis said...

The dots are dust particles on the CCD, I just received my EL for shooting flat fields to correct this.

Business logo design said...

That's what i was looking for. I will definitely share it with others.Thank you