Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Clear night

Last night was very nice and even warm. I first put the telescope out to let it cool down and then collimated it carefully (aligning primary/secondary mirrors).
After that I started to view many galaxies and a few globular star clusters:
M51: Very beautiful, also saw NGC5195 neighboring galaxy.
M13: Beautiful star cluster, after looking periphery more and more stars become visible.
M63: Galaxy, centre well visible, very beautiful at 100x
M101&M94: Also visible, but very faint, at best at 100x
M81/M82: Very good visible, especially M82, even at 200x
This was the first night I could really compare the Vixen LV10 plossl with the standard Skywatcher 10mm plossl. The Vixen is much nicer to view through because of its long eye relief. There is just more visible than with the standard plossl.
All observations were done using my UHC-S filter (filters out street lights) It was a beautiful night, this night I am going to try to photograph M63.

No comments: