Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bad weather, but I've still saw a few messiers

It was cloudy, with hard wind, but I had to go out with a telescope this night. Because the weather was unpredictable I took the 90mmF10 refractor on EQ2 mount (my grab-n-go scope).
After looking at Saturn (it still is a very beautiful object, best at 90x) I saw that the seeing and transparancy were very bad. I still decided to try some Messier objects:
M57 Ring nebula in Lyra: very nice, best at 42x
M13 Globular cluster in Hercules: very nicely visible, but I could not resolve stars in it, also not at 180x
M27 Dumbell Nebula in Vulpecula: also very nice at 42x
I wanted to wait for Jupiter, but clouds came in very fast.
The Hyperion 21mm eyepiece I bought second hand a few weeks ago is really showing its quality with deepsky objects.
At the end, with this kind of weather, it is not bad that I still could see some bright Messier objects from my backyard.

No comments: