Monday, June 25, 2007

Pasta!


A long wish of mine came true: making my own pasta. A few weeks ago I accidentally found a shop in Oirschot that sells the real italian durum semola and farina wheat (with the standard dutch stuff the pasta is too soft).

And after a very long search on the internet I found a shop in Eindhoven that sells pasta-machines. It is "les cuisines" in "de kleine berg".





For the first test I use "standard" dutch wheat. It is also for cleaning the machine because you use it for the 1st time.

It all works very easy, and you get the hang of it in a few minutes! And it is really nice to do.....too..







And this is the tagliatelle after cooking! Not bad for the 1st time. Next time I have to add a lot more salt and roll it even a little bit thinner, but that is no problem with this machine, just set the knob a one number higher!

No comments: