Monday, May 21, 2007

busy day

Pfff. Today was a busy day. In the morning there was a meeting with the labour unions about the new social plan. But before that I had to go to a customer of mine that had PC trouble with a kiln after work on their power supply. They had a PC standing by ready to be configured, but first I had to pick it up. Went quickly in their office, picked up the pc, but then the $%^@% lock of my car jammed and I could not get it open. Had to go in from the backdoor of the car. But that was not all. Unfortunately there was a serious accident in the street of our office. So had to circumnavigate around that. This was for me the first time I attended these union negotiations with the management. After that my co-worker put good old dos 6.22 on it I could install the application and drive back to my customer. Everything worked fine, but they also needed their old programs. Ok, it was on a CDROM, but the PC could not read that in old dos 6.22. I have 2 laptops, 1 with cdrom and no floppy, one with floppy and no cdrom. And I need to install those files with a floppy. So this is how I did it: first start my -normal- laptop with windows XP, put their backup process-files from the cdrom on the usb stick. Then, by using my 2nd dos/windows98 laptop copy the files from the stick on the desktop. Unfortunately, for some kind of reason I could not copy the files on the floppy. So, had to reboot in dos, and then xcopy the files by hand to the floppy. There was only 1 thing left: can the new PC read the floppy.......and it did! Long live old dos.

No comments: