Thursday, October 20, 2011

CCD sensor cleaning of the Artemis4021

Last weekes more and more dust particles are gathering on the CCD sensor of the Artemis. I cannot calibrate them out using flat-fields, so it is time for a cleaning action.
First I have to figure out how to take the Artemis apart. After 1 hour of careful work I am looking freely at the sensor. This picture shows the backside.
After cleaning the sensor with swabs and alcohol I built the camera together. Here I am shooting flat-fiels on my EL panel to verify if the action was helpful....
It was, here is the new one, most dust particles are gone now.

1 comment:

javier said...

Hi Patrick,

Although this is an old post, I hope you can help me.
I have to clean my Artemis' 4021 sensor. I've been able to disassembly the aluminium backside and get the lower second electronic board; however, I can't figure out how to get to the ccd.

It seems that it is by unthreading the camera front nose, I tried by hand but I didn't dare to force it by hard mechanical ways.

Please, would you kind enough to guide me?

Thank you in advance and all my best,
Javier