Monday, September 28, 2009

My 200mmF5 Newton telescope

This is my current astrophotographic setup. A 200mmF5 Newton on HEQ5pro mount (guiding/goto with Shoesting EQdir/Cartes du Ciel). I use a Canon Eos400d in prime focus as imager. For autoguiding I use a 90mmF10 refractor fitted with modified Philips SPC900 webcam fitted with a Sony ICX-424 B/W CCD sensor, autoguiding is done with PHD guiding in combination with a GPUSB interface driving the ST-4 autoguiding port on the HEQ5pro. Because I mainly photograph from my backyard I have to use a light pollution filter. For this I use an Astronomik clip-in CLS-CCD. For compensation of the coma in the Newton I use a Baader MPCC Multi purpose coma corrector. The exposures on the Eos400d camera are triggered with a DSUSB interface driven by DSLRShutter software. To prevent dew the 200mmF5 is fitted with a dew heater.

No comments: