Monday, May 25, 2009

Landed for the 1st time

Last saturday and sunday we were on the airfield. On saturday I made 3 flights, last one pretty low (only a few meters above the ground). On sunday I flew again, some loopings and.......when I told the instructor after 10min that we should land he told me, what we? You will land......And, I managed to do it!
And the next flight also.
The 3rd flight I did with another instructor. This also included takeoff!!! Next hour we did nothing else than takeoff/land, takeoff/land until I got the hang of it. After a wrong approach I openened full throttle to abort the landing and then the motor stalled. The plane was already low and the instructor also couldn't prevent a crash in the field. Luckily it was just lying upside down. After some cleaning and difficult starting of the engine I could takeoff again and land. After that I did some loopings and a vrille. Then I did some taxiing on the airfield.

No comments: