Thursday, July 24, 2008

Jupiter night in Berlicum

Last night I drove to a really dark spot near Berlicum. Many other guys came to this spot. Unfortunately the seeing was not very good, and some fog came in. At the end my secondary mirror and all my eyepieces were fogged up. I managed to put Jupiter on the webcam, but still have to process the images.
Here we are waiting for Polaris to appear so we can adjust our equatorial mounts.



Here is the full lineup (only without Keats' 300mm dobson which came later). From left to right: paul66 with 200mm meade SCT on EQ6, patrickduis with 200mmF5 newton on HEQ5pro (so that's ME, I'm polar aligning the heq5pro on Polaris), with 150mmF5 newton on LXD75 (the Lidl scope), henkp with 200mm C8 on ADM and last, but definately not least:





Dutchdevil with his new toy: a 250mm Meade LX200 SCT!









Here I'm webcamming Jupiter (you also see it as a bright star on the horizon). I'm standing all the way to the left, next to Paul66. You also see Keats' 300mm Dobsonian in the lineup.

(last 3 pictures courtesy Henkp)

No comments: