Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Pigmeat in lemon juice and sambal goreng sperciebonen












Hmmm, nice dinner: pigmeat baked in peppers and onions, after that stewed in ketjap manis and ketjap benteng together with brown sugar. The vegetables: first made a paste of onions, garlic, sambal, brown sugar and baked it for a few minutes, then add a small cup of water and let it cook for a few minutes.
After that add tomatoes in small parts and cook for 10min. Then you add the beans, stew them for 15min. Add 1/8 part of creamed coconut (block) and cook for 5min. Hmm. delicious.

3 comments:

Fred said...

Hi Patrick.
Did you know that sperciebonen are called green beans in English?
Thanks for another great recipe. I will try this one over the week-end.

Fred G.

Patrick Duis said...

Ah, didn't remember the exact word at that time, if you want I can give you the exact recipe from my Indonesian cooking book (which almost falls apart because I use that so often). The good thing about the recipe is that it only contains fresh ingredients and no spices. The only real spice used are the (fresh) red peppers.

Anonymous said...

Dear Patrick,

I made today the pig meat with ketjap manis, ketjap benteng. lemmon, brown sugar and spanish pepper. It contained more juice than on your photo's. but the taste was great.
As vegetables I had the French beans (=snijbonen) with sambal, trassi, brown sugar and santen. My God, does the Trassi small badly. In Wikipedea one can read:


Trassi is made from fermented ground shrimp. To many Westerners unfamiliar with this condiment, the smell can be extremely repulsive (compare with asafoetida);

But the result it great. I really liked the food. I made some nasi rice (frite rice) because I like it more than white rice and added some thauge. Great meal. I tried to add a photo here, but do not know where. So I send them to you by e-mail. Maybe you can add them.
Thanks for the recipe.
Fred.